RE: squeal shim lube

To: "Jim Jones" <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: squeal shim lube
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:03:17 -0700
 Jim:

        I don't think there is anything special about the big 3 variety.
A local auto parts store should be able to fix you up just fine. The big
three supply many things as a courtesy to their customers, and not
because they have some inside track on magical items.

        For replacement parts of course, it is a different story in most
cases, but once again many things are readily available from other
sources. Fasteners for example, are often (but not always) off the shelf
from US suppliers. But be careful, as I have had issues occasionally
because Moss supplied a US made substitute that was not interchangeable
(head stud washers come to mind).

        Vance