Re: Dieseling

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dieseling
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:19:53 -0700
Joe---If you don't already have the anti-run-on valve and three-wire oil
pressure switch, there is also an "anti-run-on valve available as an
after market buy. I don't have this info handy, but recall seeing it in
Roger Williams book on Restoring the TR6/250 Triumph.

Meanwhile, set your idle speed as low as it will run.

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com Date: Wed,
May 11, 2005, 2:18pm (PDT+3) To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: running
on "dieseling"
What causes my car to run on for a few seconds after I shut it off? I've
been fiddling with my timing trying to optimize performance. I idle at
about 1000rpms hot. Compression is 9.7:1 Is this dangerous? Joe Davis