RE: Low oil pressure

To: <acekraut11@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Low oil pressure
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:07:20 -0400
Hi Aaron:

True enough. I was writing more about the notion that if you put a spring
stronger than stock it will somehow raise your oil pressure on a worn engine. I
seem to remember in 1986 putting a nut or something in the cap to
super-compress the spring and winding it down tight. Didn't do a da---d thing.
Somebody else undoubtedly has the actual number, but I seem to recall that the
pressure bypass is supposed to open around 100 lbs. Certainly when my engine is
cold it runs at 95+ psi. Back in 1986 it idled at about 5 psi, so I was getting
a bit desperate.

Cheers,

Mark