Re: Engine Minutia

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Minutia
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:45:00 -0700
John---In the clear light of day, I remember that these engine backplate
dowels could be screwed into the block, rather than tapped in. If they
are screwed in, the exposed part that locates the backplate has been has
been "de-threaded", accounting for their odd final diameter.
There shoud be two corresponding holes in this plate of like diameter.

The location for these two dowels is at twelve and seven o'clock.
Refer to 12.25.10 in the Bentley, or Triumph Repair Manual.

Dick

(First reply)
... The rear engine plate also has dowel pins to locate it. These two
holes will be the only ones that have no threads. I don't recall their
clock locations. They have an odd diameter, like .355.

Dick

triumphs@autox.team.net Subject: Engine minutia

John wrote:

I should have also asked about the stud placement for attaching the rear
engine plate(duh)   Thanks again   John