Interesting Horn Problem

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting Horn Problem
From: "Shannon Muncy" <shannm2@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:36:56 -0400
List,

I have a neat little problem with my horn... It works great, when ignition
isn't on.  For example;  with the key off, I press the horn button, "BEEP".
I insert the key, press the horn button, "BEEP".  I turn the ignition key to
any setting, press the horn button, "....", nothing.  I turn the key back to
off, press the horn button, "....", again nothing.  I take the key out,
press the horn button, "BEEP".

I've checked the horn relay, everything seems ok. I can jump it at any time
and get it to work.  Under the dash, I've grounded the wire after it comes
out of the steering column and again I can make the horn go "BEEP".  I've
taken the steering wheel off and veryified that the switch works... funny
thing is: it almost seems that the steering column "looses it's ground" when
the key is turned if that makes sense.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Shannon