Re: I'm weeping

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I'm weeping
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:59:29 -0800
Richard---I've never seen anything written as to the placement of the
"weep hole" when positioning the waterpump. One would think it should be
at the bottom. Then again, if the pump leaks, what's the difference
where the hole is?
My original lasted about 15 years. It's replacement lasted about one
year. The one I've had on now for about 15 years was installed with the
'hole at the side.  No particluar reason.
It's possible that running the pump for a while will re-seat the carbon
bearing. Run it "dry" to speed up the process, till the engine temp
starts to threaten. Worth a try?

Dick

Richard wrote:
6pack@autox.team.net (6 Pack) Subject: I

.....  Enough for that, the real question of the day. All of the
sudden the water pump started leaking...heck it hasn't even been driven
in months, just sitting in the garage collecting dust. I guess it's
upset too, but it's tears are sweet. Must be the anti freeze. OK, I've
got another water pump (had one put back just in case, LUCKY), but am
wondering if the weep hole should be positioned at up or down? I think
it should go up, my reason being it one were to add a little lubrication
it would be easy to do. If that would be advisable to do. So what are
the thoughts from the peanut gallery???

Richard Seaton