Re: Lowering car, camber+

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lowering car, camber+
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:43:44 -0800
 Joe---Yes there is a formula for bracket selection. You'll find this in
the pages of most Moss Motors parts catalogues. Look for the chart, as
written by Brian Lanoway.
This does involve knowing the brackets you are now using. Easy enough to
tell, by looking or feeling for the notches on these brackets. Brian's
chart will explain where to go from there.
Even tho you may only want to set the camber once, time has a way of
changing this. Adjustable brackets make fine tuning possible. These we
not available when I was spending countless hours getting what I wanted,
thru bracket changes.

Yes, brackets can be changed without taking off the trailing arms.

Rear wheel alignment is accomplshed by adding or removing the spacing
shims that are between the trailing arm brackets and the frame rails
they are bolted to. Keeping the number of shims the same on each side is
ideal, so as to not upset the 88" wheel base.
Consult the Bentley for details on this.

Dick

Joe wrote:
6:28pm (PST+3) To: tr6taylor@webtv.net, 6pack@autox.team.net Subject:
Re: Lowering car, camber+
How difficult is it to adjust the rear wheel camber? I don't know what
brackets are on the car (number and orientation of "notches"). Can the
brackets be traded out without removing the trailing arm? Is there a
formula for bracket selection and orientation, or is it a matter of
trial and error?

I've seen the Good parts brackets. Has anyone had any experience with
these? I don't intend on adjusting the camber once it is set up, so I
don't know that there is an advantage for me. Also, how is rear wheel
alignment accomplished? Joe Davis