RE: Are u kidding me???

To: <RazorBobSr@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Are u kidding me???
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:02:26 -0800
        Bob:

        Depends on what you do with your cam. If you go with a regrind,
then you will probably be fine, as a regrind has a smaller base circle
that in effect reduces the length of the push rod. I shaved my head
0.125" plus decked the block 0.010" for a total of 0.135". I used a
reground cam, and everything adjusted in very nicely.
        If you need shorter pushrods, Roger Williams says you can skate
by with the earlier adjusting screws for the rockers, available from
Moss (although I have never tried this personally). If you decide to go
with shorter pushrods, you can get them from British Parts Northwest, as
I recall.
        By the way, the amount you need to shorten your pushrods is the
same as the amount you mill from your head; 0.135". The tolerances of
the valve train are such that you can adjust out much or all of this
difference. In my case, the adjustment range plus the reduced base
circle on the cam were more than enough...

        Vance

Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)

TR6 Web page: http://home.comcast.net/~v.navarrette/