Re: was Donuts, now Slime

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: was Donuts, now Slime
From: "Robert McBride" <rmcbride@twmi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:23:35 -0500
I have used slime on my van and Bobcat and it caused a lot of problems for
me,,, didn't stop the leaks and made it impossible to plug the holes with
plugs had to remove tire and wash out the slime and put patches on inside of
tire... But the instructions did warn that it will not work on glass cuts,
and they were right.. And I might add, plugs don't work good on cuts either
but they will get you going again till you can fix it right...

On the Fix-a-flat stuff I never had any luck with using it with tube tires
on my garden tractors but it works on tubeless car tires most of the time...

Best thing I have found is to always carry a tubeless tire patching kit and
a 12 volt air compressor...Bob