RE: Rear body tub will be tossed out

To: "'Greg Dito'" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: Rear body tub will be tossed out
From: "Gene Hart" <genehart@att.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:45:21 -0500
I would agree with this, I found a painted and prepared 74 frame with
suspension and wheels, as well as the good 74 (steel guides) 4 speed
tranny for $1200. The diff mounts were boxed too. I had the welds
checked and then powder coated. I also PCd the suspension and the
wheels. Im very happy with the results. The chassis and body have
absolutely no rust and now never will.

My original frame had the trailing arm mounts re-enforced because of
rust through. A very bodged job, the repair was done with the body on
the frame so the left side of the body became welded to the frame. The
rear frame mounts were practically rusted through. And 6 spacers per
side still did not close the door gaps at the top of the doors. But the
front was in great shape due to all the oil on the frame.

Gene,
Cell    - 201-981-3327
genehart@att.net