Re: Front Brakes and Slotted Rotors

To: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Front Brakes and Slotted Rotors
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:59:46 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Greg Dito wrote:

> Trying to catch up on my email...  A comment about slotted rotors from what
> I've picked up from a number of sources - their presence alleviates brake
> fade as the intense heat off of the rotors will otherwise form a cushion of
> hot air between the rotor and the pad if the heated air has no place to go.

[stuff deleted]

Truthfully - can anyone on this list claim that they've ever gotten the
brakes/rotors hot enough to actually cause brake fade??

My direct experience is that you really need to repeatedly hit your brakes
heavily just to get 'em to to smell hot.

I'm just curious...

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |