new bumpers for a 1973 TR6

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: new bumpers for a 1973 TR6
From: "Campsmith, Michael" <MGC4@CDC.GOV>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:16:18 -0500
Six-pack listers--

The body and chassis on my TR6 project are soon to be reunited, and I am
in need of lots of appearance parts to finish the job.  My old bumpers
were from a 1974 1/2 with the rubber battering rams.  I want to replace
the bumpers ("fenders" to our English friends) with the cleaner pre-
"5-mile an hour" style.  Does anyone have a source for chrome bits they
either recommend or despise?  Moss does not list them; Roadster Factory
lists them; I have not checked Victoria British.

Ebay doesn't have much and I am not willing to settle for anything less
than "as new" chrome finish and appearance.  Unfortunately I have now
fallen into the trap that the original bright work that was acceptable
on an old restoration just won't do on the reborn car.

TIA and Happy Holidays to you all.

Michael Campsmith
1974 TR6--soon to be British Racing Green, still months away from being
finished