Re: Clutch & TOB Recommendations?

To: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch & TOB Recommendations?
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:28:40 -0500
If you choose to go with the Gunst, be sure to install the pre load spring per
Joachim Gunst's
instructions. The pre load keeps the bearing in contact with the pressure plate
fingers and turning
all the time. The bearing is designed to turn continuously. Joachim Gunst is
adamant about using the
pre load.

I will use the Gunst on both my TR250 (in a frame off) and my 71 TR6 (patiently
waiting for me to
finish the TR250).

I have heard of no reports that the Gunst failed after installation. One that I
know of was thought
to be bad, but was not according to Gunst and the bearing manufacturer -- Luk I
think.

Gunst recommends the Luk, but many other pressure plates have been used w/o
problems.

I plan to use rebuilt Laycocks -- wish me luck :-)

Don Malling