Re: Clutch & TOB Recommendations?

To: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch & TOB Recommendations?
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:37:39 -0800 (PST)
Ron,

This is gonna be a hot one.  I have a Gunst TOB & I'm
very pleased with the quality.  Many others have also
purchased & I've not heard any negative comments
except maybe 1 person's bearing came apart.  It was
replaced.

The clutch on the other hand.  I have a Borg & Beck
Clutch with the cranked fingers.  Prior to that I had
a heavy duty B&B clutch and an original RHP TOB.
Never really had a problem with the HD B&B clutch
other than it seemed to slip(couldn't be sure).  That
could've been from the oil coming out of the rear
seal?  Anyway, I went to a new B&B clutch & re-used
the RHP bearing.  Squeel city.  I then went with the
Gunst bearing.  Did NOT preload.  Didn't hear any
squeeling at first, but it returned in a few hundred
miles.  I've been told several times to preload the
bearing.  Not sure it would help at this point.  Thing
is, the squeeling followed the clutch & not the TOB.
I'm going to try an LUK or Sachs next time around.

My 2 cents,

Todd Bermudez
TR250
74TR6