Broken speedo cable

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Broken speedo cable
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:03:09 -0700
        Folks:

        I have begun the teardown for the upcoming paint job. It will be
frame off, so I am stripping everything off the car for the paint.
        In the course of the teardown, I found the cause of my dead
speedometer; the speedo cable was broken internally. It was brand new,
and had less than 50 miles on it at the time it broke. I had routed it
very carefully from the OD angle drive to the dash. It broke about 3
inches from the back of the speedo itself.
        My question: What did I do wrong? Should I have lubed the cable
(I installed it right out of the packing)? Could I have damaged it
during the installation? Tips to avoid a repeat?

        Thanks,

        Vance

Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)