Re: Buckeye Triumph Content

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Buckeye Triumph Content
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:30:29 -0400
A year or so ago, I downloaded the sections on Body, Brakes, Carbs,
Clutch, and  Electrical (not much in Electrical -- Dan Masters is the
answer there). I don't have the one on suspension or on the convertable
top. I would really like the one on convertable top.

But why does Nelson not want this material to be available? Does that
mean he doesn't want us to pass it around?

Don Malling

Navarrette, Vance wrote:
>       Folks:
>
>       It appears that the Buckeye TR6 technical archive on the wayback
> machine is no longer functional. Does anyone know if this is due to
> downtime on the server, or something else?
>       I am concerned that my fears may have been realized; The wayback
> machine seems to depend on the Buckeye server for at least part of the
> archived material - and I fear that the material has been purged from
> the Buckeye server causing the wayback machine to choke. I am not
> certain about this, but I am at a loss as to how to explains certain
> behaviors otherwise.
>       Before we all panic, does anyone know what might be going on?
>
>       Also, I have had several requests for tech articles from the web
> page since I managed to capture the lion's share of the articles before
> the server went bye-bye. If the wayback machine is really gone, and the
> articles are not available elsewhere, I will need to figure out how to
> handle multiple requests from listers. I don't want to toss them on my
> website because of Nelson's wishes to make the content unavailable, so I
> will think of something. I have tried emailing some of the files, but my
> ISP's anti-Spam campaign means that I am limited as to the size of the
> file I can email, so it is difficult. While I am working on this, if
> anyone knows anything about the wayback machine, please let me know via
> the list.
>
>       Cheers,
>
>       Vance

Check out the new British Cars Forum: