ball joints & trunions

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: ball joints & trunions
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:43:14 -0700 (PDT)
While I was extracting my tie rod ends, I noticed that the rubber boots on the
ball joints are torn. They've probably been that way before I bought the car
last July. The car was driven less than 1000 since I've had it.

Since I have to remove ball joints to replace the boots, what should I look for
to determine if the joint needs replacement?

Same about the trunions - what are the signs of a marginal or bad part?

Jim Jones
'72 Emerald