Brown wire from Harnes to Alt?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Brown wire from Harnes to Alt?
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:20:59 +0000
Oh Mighty list, along with Vance and Bob,

I installed my new main wiring harnes. By the Alt. I installed the new plug
from the harnes right into the Alt. BUT

There is a White and Yellow trace wire (goes to coil) and a brown wire. Does
anyone know where this single brown wire from the main harnes connects to. It
looks like it should go to the coil, maybe it attatches to the Alt in another
location, but the diagrams don't indicate this?

The connections here should be the white w/yellow tracer, maybe the white and
pink depending upon year, and the distributor lead wire to the other side, all
going to the Coil, Right?

Also I have a '73, I bought a wiring harness for a '73 from Rimmer Bros
England. But there is no pink wire from the harnes in this area that can
connect to the coil (ballest resistor wire). On the Starter Soliniod, I
connected the White with a red tracer, and a White with a yellow tracer, plus
the positive cable to the top of the soliniod for power.

Does this sound like a Wiring harnes for a brit spec car, and probably brit
spec cars do not have this wire installed? Or maybe this is a wiring harnes for
a prior year car? Or maybe I'm colorblind.

Lastly, the heater, I have three wires from the heater, but only two connect to
the switch? What should I do with green wire from the heater, and there is no
green wire from the harnes to connect to the switch to power it up. I can get a
power line from where the tranny harness connects, but It's not diagramed.

Anyway, lost in the wires in Brooklyn, and looking for some friendly advice,
--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net

BTW- I've used many digrams, but one of the most useful was the harness
connection diagram for the dash panel in the Bently manual. I would also really
like this type of connection guide for the other parts of the car IE:

A picture of the harness with it's diffeent connections, and where on the car
it plugs in to or connects, this would of been especially useful in the
headlight/horn area, taillights, fuel sending, and trunk light area and finally
the stupid purple wires. I'm speding too much time looking for where to connect
these to. It turns out one reason is my car has no footwell lamp, another is
the harness did not have connections compleated (the guage light connections
for the red/white wires were missing) Just saying where a wire goes is
sometimes difficult if you don't know where it attatches to in the first place.