Re: J-Type questions

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: Re: J-Type questions
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:33:18 -0400
> 3. Does this signal a worn clutch in the OD? I can get the
> clutch resurfaced to recondition it. Anyone ever done this? If the
> friction material is worn or damaged, I thought I might try getting
> new friction material bonded to the clutch.

That is certainly a possibility that it is a worn clutch.  But no way of
telling IMHO, unless you pull it apart.

You can reline the clutches, the only person I know who does this and has
success with it using a better friction material is Medina Motorsports in
Ohio.  They build competition overdrives that are good for more torque than
you could imagine and one of the modifications to the OD is that improved
friction material.

http://www.medina-ohio.net/medinamotorsports/

They are pricey, but they're the only guys I know who do this type of work
specifically on Laycock ODs.

Kai