Driveline Rehab

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Driveline Rehab
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:11:13 -0400
Hi everybody,  My differential is leaking badly, so it's time to pull it
and either fix it or replace it with my backup unit.  I figure, while I
have it apart, Id replace all the u-joints and put in new springs(HD's
from BPNW).  Since I was going to have a driveshaft shop, do the
u-joints, is it worth having the driveshaft balanced?  If  I use my
other differential,  how do I know how to orient the driveshaft as I
will have no mark as to which way it came off.  Besides mounts, anything
else I should be replacing while Ive got it torn apart?  I have the
reinforcing brackets to weld in and new bushings already in the trailing
arms.   Last question, Neither Moss or TRF have the front spring
compressor.  Anybody have the plans or have one they'd like to sell?
Thanks for any advice  John Mitchell    76TR6