fuel in oil

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel in oil
From: clarkja34@netscape.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 03:05:54 -0400
Hi there here is  a problem that just occerred. I just went out to fire up my
72 TR6 and I checked the oil level before I went to start it. It had been
stored all winter and had a full tank of gas. When I liiked at the oil check
rod I found that the level was way above the full mark on the rod. It also
smelled a bit like gas. I then drained the oil and put new stuff in but made
sure to crank the engine over quite a bit ti get new oil circulating again.
(pulled out the coil wire). I then put it back started the car and it runs
fine. Here is the question. How did the gas get into the oil? I have heard of
this happening before but he never found out how the gas got in the oil either.
I thought it might have got in through a ripped diaphram in the fuel pump but
the pump runs okay. Any suggestions as to what is happening. It only seems to
happen when the car is put up for extended storage. Tks in advance     Jim
the New Netscape Internet Service. Only $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
http://isp.netscape.com/register
Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet ExplorerSearch from anywhere on the Web and
block those annoying pop-ups.Download now at
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp