Re: Windshield glass

To: bregal@wi.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield glass
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:04:43 EDT
Brent,

Seems like a very good price given that the Roadster Factory wants $200 for
the glass alone (tinted will cost you another$50).  When I replaced the
windscreen in my 72 6 last year I was lucky enough to find a used one for  $65.
was quoted $200 for installation PLUS the cost of the glass at the  time from
a major auto glass company.  If you don't fear the installation  this might be
a route to go, but frankly if I could have found a brand new glass  for $195
installed, I probably would have gone that route.  Does the  install include
the rubber surround and plastic insert?  If not you might  consider buying a
set from one of the big three and having them installed with  the new glass.

Micky Long
Atlanta
72 TR6