RE: Confused?????

To: <RazorBobSr@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Confused?????
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:27:52 -0800
        Bob:

        Assuming your head is the later 7.75:1 head, that seems like a
lot
of material to remove for a 45cc chamber. To see if your head is
correct,
measure the total thickness of the head, and compare it against this
table: http://www.goodparts.com/tech_docs/TR6_Compression_Ratio.html
        Question: Is it possible that he removed 0.070", not 0.170"?
If it was an earlier head, the compression ratio would have started at
8.5:1, and removing 0.070" would take it exactly to 9.5:1.
        You didn't mention whether you had the earlier or late head, and
this
makes a big difference.

        Vance