Re: TR6 on Ebay

To: "Bob Lang" <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 on Ebay
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:11:32 -0000
Bob Lang wrote:
Frankly, I don't hold much hope a any Triumph ever being really valuable.

But value is a variable perception. What is *cheap* for one person could be
*costly* to another?
In Europe, we look on Triumphs in the US as being bargain basement cars -
even the really good ones are giveaways - and the more so with the weakness
of the dollar against Sterling and the Euro. That's why so many good, rust
free examples are being shipped back by traders who sell them on as easy
resto projects, which many are. It's all down to availability and demand.
Hang on for another 10+ years guys, and you could find yourselves sitting on
a relative fortune. But if you don't want 'em, there are plenty of others
who do.

Jonmac
---