RE: clutch slave

To: "douglas hounsell" <dhounsell@msn.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: clutch slave
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:12:05 -0700
        Doug:

        Had a similar problem. I bought a new slave, and found it would not
fit unless I mounted it on the opposite side of the mounting plate.
        I knew the pitfalls of doing this, so I returned it. My supplier
ordered another one from a different source, same problem. The tail end
of the new slave was too large to fit through the mounting plate, forcing
you to mount the slave on the opposite side of the mount. Ack!
        Bought a rebuild kit, honed my original and installed new seals.
Works great, no leaks, and it FITS.

        Cheers,

        Vance