Re: yellow striped hoses

To: dmallin@attglobal.net, triumphtr6@cox.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: yellow striped hoses
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:25:31 EDT
The information Don has given is very consistent with the information I
gathered when I ask about this same topic a while back.  I did run into a few
250
owners at VTR/Summer Party who claim to have a few sets in their possession.
Hoarding was the word I thought of as none were offered to even be examined for
possible reproduction.

The thing that I find amazing is that NO ONE of the big three seems to be
interested in taking this own to reproduce them.  Also given that they are no
longer available or obtainable I don't understand why the green hoses that were
offered on the early TR 6's and which can still be found and purchased are not
acceptable in concours grading.  To me if a part in no longer obtainable and
people are trying to make them at home or even with the few NOS ones that are
supposedly being held back in case of need are we creating a dangerous
situation in using old hoses or hoses that may have been unsafely altered?  To
me
safety should always take president over concours correct.  Obviously just my
opinion but how about some guidance or better yet a little leeway in judging
for
those of us unfortunate enough not to have a stash of these.  I know the goal
is to have them as original as possible but there are limits to what is safe
and available.

Just rambling from someone who wishes he had a complete and functional set.

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO