Re: Carb Mixture

To: <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Mixture
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:59:01 -0600
Curt, having just rebuilt mine, did you rebuild and readjust your temperature
compensators and bypass valves?  The temp compensator and the bypass valve
both tend to let in more air if not adjusted properly.  Buckeye Triumphs has
an excellent article on rebuilding and adjusting the carbs that you may want
to check out.  Also, vacuum leaks in general will tend to have a similar
effect, so you should check that as well.

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Carbs/CarbsII/CarbsII.htm

John Lumia - 1976 TR6

Curt wrote:>
I rebuilt both carbs on my 74 and everything seemed to go well. However, in
trying to set the mixture using the special tool, I have the needle set to
full rich (out of travel) and yet the carbs still seem to act as if the
mixture is lean. When I lightly pick up the air damper the rpms drop off and
the engine may in fact die. This tends to be an indication of too lean a
mixture but with no where to go to make the mixture more rich I'm not sure
what's next. I have the trimming screw set to full rich.
Any ideas? Am I missing something. I didn't touch the actual jet in the base
of the carb so it has not moved. The manual doesn't indicate it is even
adjustable.