Re: How can a "spirited driving challenge" be lost in third

To: Gameparker@cs.com
Subject: Re: How can a "spirited driving challenge" be lost in third
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:41:23 -0700 (PDT)
Geoff---A "good" muffler can free up a few more ponies at the top end. I
don't know of any that can just be bolted on to the dual pipe
configuration for the later TR. A good muffler shop can do wonders here
to make another system look good and do the above. Check on the
FlowMaster or the Turbo brand.

Once you've done the usual hot-rodding tricks to get this engine from
100+ up to 150+ the rest becomes more difficult and in smaller chunks.
Shedding weight for both the driver and car in the quest for
acceleration comes with a price. I can also agree with those who believe
that the TR six is a great driver as is, and carries with it a
don't-mess-with-me mystique.  But I like to have my kate and edith
too...

Dick