Re: .75" clutch master in an early TR6?

To: steve@catnamedkitty.com (Steve Cirimele)
Subject: Re: .75" clutch master in an early TR6?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
Steve---I don't know if the .75 MC is still available. This is the bore
size that was on the early TR, but replaced in subsequent models with
the .70  when some owners complained about the pedal being too hard to
push. As you suspected, the larger bore pushes more fluid down to the
SC, but it is the later cars had the smaller bore.

We used to be able to buy the MC pushrod only, as they wore to an oval
shape. If you aren't in need of the complete MC, you can braze the worn
rod and rebore it to fit the clevis pin (.312)
Be sure to find the original center.
OR...cut the end from a good SC pushrod, and weld it bottom of the MC
pushrod. Again, noting the overall length and center. Different ways to
skin this cat, if you like to beat the system!

Dick