Re: Oil underside of bonnet?

To: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil underside of bonnet?
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:16:13 -0700
Al,

ah, yes, the taste test... and having done just as you did, I can't
understand why dogs seem to like to lick it...  Yes, a dry-run-in on a water
pump is recommended, helps the seals etc adjust..   There is another way
however, you can spin it by hand a number of times before you put it in the
car.  Probably a dozen or so quick turns, followed by a longish - dozen or
so constant revolutions..  An old Austin mechanic in new Zealand years ago
showed me this trick when rebuilding a 62 mini's engine...

ken
CF7000U0