RE: Door tonneau snaps

To: "'Gary R.'" <gary@tpartners.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Door tonneau snaps
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:13:38 -0400
Gary,
I was refering to the original black plastic snaps. Could the "T" you
describe be the top, or button part of a metal two-piece female snap? I
don't buy much from VB because of their general poor quality products so
I don't have a catalog to refer to.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Thanks Jim, the tool part is cleared up. Of course I have no USE for it
but hey, can't have too many tools! The "T" shaped part is Part #12-166
on Page 43 of the Victoria British catalog called the Snap Barrel Stud.
In the illustration it looks like its part of the Snap but haven't
figured out WHAT part.. Its chrome, slightly conical and the center is a
hollow tube, forming the "T". It fits perfectly into the bottom of the
Snap Barrel Socket with the tube protruding through about 1/8".

Thanks for the input

Gary R.
74 TR6
Woodbury, CT