Re: Window rubber trim

To: gary@tpartners.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window rubber trim
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:15:23 -0400
Gary,
I just did this myself and let me tell you, what fun I had!  After two hours, I
figured out what would work, then it took about 1.5 hours to put on the waist
seals and door pull on each side(total 5 hours of fun).  My final solution was
to use the tab off the back of a computer.  Most PC computers have more slots
in the motherboard than most people use and the case has longish pieces of
metal covering them that can be snapped off.  First I took the rubber trim and
put it up to the door where I wanted it to go.  Then, using a marker, I marked
each side of where the clips fit into the rubber onto the metal of the door.
Then I bent the end of this piece of computer metal back so that it would
cradle the clips.    I lowered the metal and clip into the window opening and
slid it under the overhanging lip of metal then I pulled the piece of metal up,
sliding the clip onto the door.  After all the clips were on I started on one
end of the rubber trim and using the piece of metal, held the clip on the car
while I forced the rubber between the clip and the door.  Patience is the key
to success.  I didnt take the window crank or door release handle off, I just
pulled the door panel loose from the door and used a magnetic pick-up to grab
the clips that I inevitably dropped into the door.  While this is clear to me,
my explaination might not be to you.  If you need any clarification, please let
me know.
Aaron CropleyTopsham, Maine(glad to be receiving list mail again)