Timing etc

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing etc
From: "CLIFF DAVIES" <c_davies@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:56:48 -0400
I am almost on the road!
I am having some trouble in the timing department.
When I rev the engine I get a constant sputter, like mini misses, It runs on
even though the anti run valve works( verified it)

Here is where I am at, 35 degrees dwell checked via a meter. Set the timing to
12 deg BTDC, tried various settings
16,12, 4, 0, + 2. Idle is OK,  I can adjust accordingly with no trouble. Plugs
are gapped properly they were fouled before (prior to rebuild) They had a few
hundred miles on them but I cleaned  them and re-gapped. wires new, points etc
all new. The vacuum advance does not work and I find the exhaust strong (burns
the eyes) too rich?

Any input , directions would be most appreciated
Thanks
Cliff