Re: New thin syncros

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New thin syncros
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:14:19 -0400
Jim,

John at Quantum Mechanics rebuilt my trans and overdrive (twice) last year.
(Second time was at UPS's expense). He mentioned that he discards about 4
out of every 5 (or something like that) new syncros because they are too
thin. The "bad" parts are made in Taiwan and, I think, are carried by both
Moss and TRF.

Awhile back, Tim Holbrook mentioned that Racetorations in the UK had some
robust syncros for sale. If I were doing my trans again, I think I would
look into these parts.

Peter
'68 TR250