Re: Carb Return Spring

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: Carb Return Spring
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:26:20 -0700 (PDT)
Triumphs@autox.team.net Subject: Carb Return Spring

Marty wrote:

<Well, I got the TR6 fired up tonight with the new HD8's. It runs, so
that's a good thing, right? Before I head to an autox on Sunday I want
to hook up some kind of positive throttle return, preferably directly to
the throttle shafts, not the linkage. Does anybody have a good set up on
their car that they could recommend? A picture would be great if one was
available.>
Thanks,
Marty Sukey

Marty----The HD8 should have its throttle shaft extend out from both
sides of the carburetor body. On the now "unused" side, drill a hole
large enough to insert a cotter pin. Find an angle so that the eye of
this pin will pull the throttle shut when connecting an extension spring
thru the eye. Connect the other end of the spring to an appropriate
anchor point.

This should also satisfy the tech guys at any slalom.

Dick