Polyurethane vs. Nylatron bushings, which is better?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Polyurethane vs. Nylatron bushings, which is better?
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:37:53 -0400
Hi,

This is my first posting, I would like to bother all with the following:

I have been reading the advantages of polyurethane bushings.  Also read
about Nylatron, specifically at www.goodparts.com
<http://www.goodparts.com/> .  I have also read that Nylatron is not
intended for street use, however no real reason has been given.

My question is, has anyone replaced their bushings with the Nylatron
bushings?  Has anyone used polyurethane?  Which is better?  I am in the
process of restoring a '72 TR6 and would like to have some info regarding
this.

Thanks, and any information would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

'72 Pimento Red TR6