Head Gasket Installation

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Head Gasket Installation
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
I'm finally getting ready to put the head back on my 71 TR6 this
weekend.  I know this has come up before on the list, but I searched
the archives for a while and couldn't find the postings...  Which way
up does the head gasket go on?  There are metal rings around each one
of the cylinder holes.  One side of the gasket is basically flat with
just these metal rings around each cylinder, the other side has metal
bridge pieces between each adjacent cylinder that connect the metal
rings to each other.  I believe the bridge piece side goes down (to the
block), and the flat side goes up (to the head).  Is that correct?

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://sbc.yahoo.com