Re: Chrome vs. painted wire wheels

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Re: Chrome vs. painted wire wheels
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:42:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 Lizirbydavis@cs.com wrote:

> Hi folks, I need to replace two of my Dunlop painted wire wheels.
> They are too far out of round to be trued.  I'm going for the Dayton's
> this time, as the consensus seems to be that they are a far better
> product.  My dilemma is that two of the wheels are just fine.  To keep
> peace in the household, I should probably just buy two painted wheels
> for $360.00....but the chrome is tempting ($996.00 for all four from
> TRF).  Other than the aesthetics, Is there any advantage to the chrome
> compared to the painted? Do the concourse judges have an opinion?  If
> I had to buy all 4 wheels, the choice would be easy, as the chrome are
> only $60.00 more per wheel. But, it's hard to justify the price.
> It's amazing how much I've spent on this LBC

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-haha!

We feel your pain!

I have $5k in an engine that's literally a pile of parts on the garage
floor. I still need another $2k or so before I can even think about
starting it up. Yep, this stuff is not cheap!

> Joe Davis

Bob "I just love burning $100 bills" Lang
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |