GL 4 or 5

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: GL 4 or 5
From: YeOldEd@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:53:44 EDT
Thanks to everyone who responded.

Before I start collecting old shirts and underwear to soak up the mess, I
thought I'd speak to Mobil, from whom I purchased the synthetic 75/90 gear oil.
(It seemed such a good idea at the time.)

A very nice lady named Lucille told me to get it out of there and go to GL4.
She named a Castrol product. The problem, apparently, is a sulphur/phospherous
additive that attacks yellow metals. She told me the problem occurs largely
at temperatures above 150 to 160, (which is probably above 30 mph!)

Thought I'd share that.

Mike N