Re: Autocross Parts book

To: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Autocross Parts book
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:56:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Robert L. Gannon wrote:

> Pegasus. Their web site is www.pegasusautoracing.com
> Robert L. Gannon
> trsix74@comcast.net
> TR6   1974 CF22956U
> TR3A 1960 TS70951L
> http://hometown.aol.com/twodzusfittings/myhomepage/auto.html

Pegasus is okay, but there main business is more Formula cars and so
forth.

The bottom line is that the best sources for anyhting related to autoX
depends a lot on what you are looking for.

For example, I would not buy autocross wheels from Summit. I'd buy them
from TRF or a Panasport reseller. Or if I was looking for a really light
wheel I'd consider Keizer... in which case I'd try to find a local Keiser
vendor.

Also never forget Racer Wholesale (for safety stuff) and Racer Parts
Wholsale for plumbing and misc. stuff. Related to both the above - local
speed shops can generally track down what you need, after all, you don't
have to buy AN plumbing stuff from Pegasus where you can find it almost
anywhere that does racing supplies.

As for stuff that is specialized for Triumph, call TRF, TS Imported
Automotive, Team Triumph, British Frame and Engine, British Parts
Northwest.. all those places. If you have money to burn, then call
Cambridge Motorsports in the UK or Racetorations. They have really neat
stuff!

regards,
rml
p.s. don't get me wrong, I've bought thousands of $$$ of stuff from
Pegasus. What I'm alluding to is that there are a lot of sources for these
items and there really is no single source AutoX place that I'm aware of.

Well there is Mid-Atlantic Motorsports (a true supporter of AutoX in the
Northeast), give "Hoosier Tom" a call for rod-ends, wheels and tires.
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |