Speaking of hubs n bearings

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speaking of hubs n bearings
From: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintas.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:00:25 -0400
On the front hubs, there is one inner bearing set and one outer. On the
inner one, there's a dust ring. I didn't make a good mental note when I
popped the ring off to clean and repack the hub, so when I went to put
the ring back on, I wasn't sure how far in it gets pushed. It looks like
after the bearing set was pushed back into place and the ring put back
on, there was a small, maybe 1/8" gap between it and the bearing. Is
that expected, or should I push it in further?

Mark Creamer