Re: Roller Rockers

To: JDombey@dotcast.com
Subject: Re: Roller Rockers
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:19:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 JDombey@dotcast.com wrote:

> All,
>
> Just got back from a short vacation to find a box of shiny, new roller
> rockers on my doorstep courtesy of Jim S.  The workmanship and finish of the
> parts appears to be first-rate, and the instruction book should serve as a
> model for aftermarket part producers - I've never seen anything quite as
> complete and detailed supplied with parts before.
>
> I won't be able to get them installed for a couple of weeks, but that should
> give me time to do some 'before' performance measurements for comparison.
> I'll probably do some 'street start' measurements rather than 0-60 (I don't
> generally drive the car too hard - hey, if it breaks, guess who gets to fix
> it!).  Any other performance measurement suggestions?  I'll report my
> experience back to the group(s) after the install.
>
> John Dombey

If you are serious about measurements, why not take the car to a chassis
dyno and do two baseline runs on the stock setup and then a third run with
the roller-rockers installed.

That's probably the best quantifiable measure of performance change that
you can make. You don't have to beat your car to do it either... just
drive it from dead-stop to 60 MPH (more or less) and back to "zero" again.

A test like that should take just about an hour... you'll get good
information from the "pull".

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |