What a day

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: What a day
From: "Larry - BRT" <larry@brtconsulting.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:51:32 -0800
List -

Last night about 12:30 am I picked up my son and some friends from a
concert.  On the way home, in my company vehicle (Mercury Mountaineer),
the accelerator pedal fell off, yes it fell of the firewall.  After I
stopped on the side of the freeway, got my heat rate under control, I
found that it was hanging by the cable.  A little duct tape later, and
major use of cruise control, I got everyone home.  As I was going out to
trouble shoot the problem this morning, my wife called.  Her Z3 had a
very flat tire and was making a funny noise.

I fired up the most reliable vehicle I own, my '70 TR6.  It started and
ran perfectly.  Put the spare on the Z3 and had to use the 6 to carry
the regular tire home, there was no place that it would fit in the Z3
other than the passenger seat.  I did not feel comfortable with that if
there was an accident or quick stop.

I have decided that the TR6 and I deserve a drive up Pacific Coast
Highway.  It is sunny and about 80 in Los Angeles today.  To heck with
the Mountaineer, I think I'll let Ford fix it tomorrow.

Whoever said British cars were unreliable hasn't driven a US made car
lately.

Rant over,

Larry Hainer
1970 TR6 - CC52468 (German Car service vehicle)
larry@brtconsulting.com