Re: Next Project

To: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Next Project
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:22:39 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Robert> A supercharger or turbo set up!
>
> Personally, I'd prefer a well-packaged EFI system (manifold, injectors, ecu,
> etc).  That implies a nice cast aluminum intake manifold. ;-)

This is already (mostly) done. Using TWM components (Weber-style throttle
bodies, manifolds, air horns) and Electromotive TEC computers, you can
fuel inject your car for about $3k. It sounds like a lot of money, but the
programability makes it much, much better than Webers and crank-triggered
ignition.

Frankly, the only part of the job not widely published is the list of
parts to get and the initial fuel mapping.

> Skip

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |