Re: Powder Coat colors

To: "Seth Glassman" <76tr6@optonline.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Powder Coat colors
From: "Philip Willcocks" <piiiiip_list@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 00:08:41 -0000
Seth,
Eastwood would be a good start:
http://www.eastwoodco.com/aspfiles/HCpowders.asp?UID=2003022814035485&Dep_Ke
y1=pwct&

The cast-aluminium colour is very good and the nearly chrome came up a
treat.

You will have to dismantle the brake servo to bake it as the diaphragm will
melt. It just so happens that the lugs are the same spacing as a tow bar
hitch - just take the tow ball off and bolt the servo on. On the other end I
clamped my vice onto the spacer bracket and tapped it round with a club
hammer. The manual (Dad's old Austin 3 litre one) suggests you do this under
vacuum, I just moved my head out the way as it flew apart and found the
spring later, ahh we have such fun in our garage.

The only problem I've found with powder coating so far is that the process
does not fill any defects in the surface of the object (pitting etc.). If
the surface of your booster is as bad as mine then it may be worth filling
and painting it.

And I had to find a 110v step-down transformer as we run 240v here, ironic
really as the powder-gun supply steps it straight back up to 7000v !

Philip
71 RHD TR6 in a gazillion pieces - but coming back from the paint shop next
week :o)