RE: Bosch alternator

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: Bosch alternator
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:40:19 -0800
Dick,

I never have been a fan of voltmeters on cars.  The manufacturers love them,
it show something and is much cheaper than the ammeter.  The ammeter really
shows what your charging system is doing.  Battery voltage for full charge
changes with temperature so you really can't tell anything using the
voltmeter except that the battery isn't dead.

steve