Clutch sets

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch sets
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 17:38:00 -0500
Hey List;

I'm really *not* trying to generate a major debate of opinions
here but now that I've received my new Gunst TO bearing I
pulled the tranny to find the plates are both in dire shape. So,
here comes the fork, pin, x-shaft bearings, etc. My question is:
Is there such a things as a "good", "better" "best" brand of
clutch pressure/drive plates? I'm not concerned with the TO
bearing since I already have that in hand, but is Sachs, say,
considered better than B&B for quality? Or than Luk? Or is all
this really a matter of personal preference and there is no real
quality difference in the plates?

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO