Re: Tripple Carbs Verdict

To: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Tripple Carbs Verdict
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:54:52 -0500
Hi Tim,

It would really be nice to see some Dyno numbers for the third carb. I'm
sure you don't disagree.

One other thing I would like to add is concerning the discussion as to
whether adding the third ZS "over carbs" the engine. There was a lot of
discussion, from people much more knowledgeable than me, about whether
adding the third carb would prevent the ZS air valve/cylinder from
opening the correct amount.

>From everything I have been able the read (Haynes/Nelson), the ZS CD
(Constant Depression) carb is designed to deliver the correct air/fuel
mix regardless of how high the air valve is open. It's the point of the
design of the CD carburetor. Haynes hammers that point home again and
again. It would be nice to hear from some of the experts as to why they
are concerned about how high the air valves run on the CD ZS carbs --
two vs three carb set up.

Seems to me that if there is an advantage to the three carb set-up, it
has to be because of the straight through intake setup which makes for
less turbulence and better flow. Having said that, I'd have to agree
with you that the later TR6 sweep intake "looks" pretty good too.

I've got 4 ZS CD-2SE carbs -- looking for a reason to use them :-)

Confused about triple ZS like everyone else.....

Don Malling