Re: camshaft question, 1st car

To: jlumia@ball.com (Lumia, John)
Subject: Re: camshaft question, 1st car
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:34:46 -0800 (PST)
John---I don't know why the camshaft lobes are as much off-centered as
you found. For what it's worth, all of the different cams that I have
used were also "off" more than I would have imagined they need be.
We know some of this is necessary to keep the lifters turning in their
bores to spread out the wear, but one would think that the lobe centers
would at least have the same off-set at each lifter bore. If there's an
engineering reason for this, maybe someone else can shed some light on
this.

Dick