Bosch Alternator Conversion

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Bosch Alternator Conversion
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:37:02 EST
I have been following with great interest earlier discussions about
alternator conversions. I have located a rebuilt Bosch AL86X for a decent
price. This is the unit mentioned by Jay Welch as the best one to transplant
into a TR6.  As mentioned, all the electrical connections are identical to
the Lucas unit now on my car. However the mounting brackets on the Bosch are
smaller (closer together) and will not fit  without modification.

I am hoping someone on the list with experience in installing the Bosch unit
may have some modification suggestions or better yet any pics they could send
me to help me mount this thing properly.

Thanks for all your help

Stuart Beatty
in a very cold & snowy Belleville Ontario
76 Carmine currently under wraps